Thursday, July 12, 2007

The Frosty Incident....

I made a deal with myself on Sunday. I woke up and told myself that I was going to go a whole week without eating anything fried. Those of you who really know me know that French Fries are my downfall and that, if allowed, I could eat them at every meal. Including breakfast. Hello - tater tots!!! Everything is better fried, people. I dare you to mention something that would not be good fried. Hard, ain't it? Anyway, this was a real task I set for myself but I was optimistic and so I started keeping track.

Sunday - I did not eat anything fried.
Monday - I did not eat anything fried.

Tuesday was a different story. But its not my fault! I blame my husband. ITS ALWAYS HIS FAULT! On our way from our Breast Feeding Class (yes, yes - laugh it up) that night he was hungry and stopped at Wendy's. He asked me half a dozen times if I wanted anything. I said no each and every time. I was SO proud of myself. And then.... he asked me, "not even a Frosty?" How could he?! The feeling that came over me was incredible. I have not had a frosty in... well.... in years. I just had to have one then and there. Immediately. And seriously, I cannot have a Frosty without French Fries. Dipping fries in my frosty is the only way I can really, truly enjoy one. Without the fries, it is a bastardization of the way a frosty should be eaten. So - I ate half a frosty and a whole pack of fries. IT WAS AWESOME. So awesome, in fact, that I felt no guilt.

So, I told myself - that's it. Only ONCE this week. No more fried food the rest of the week. Giving in on Tuesday night was a treat and not an automatic OK for me to open season on the fried stuff.

And then I had them with lunch yesterday, Wednesday, mere hours after the frosty incident. With chicken tenders. Yeah. All fried.

What is wrong with me? Then I realized something and I asked myself - What am I getting out of this deal? I made a deal with myself - no fried food for a week. But all I get is to not enjoy fried food! No incentive. No prize. Just wanted to see if I could do it. And I didn't.

The flip side of all of this is that it is making me conscience of what I am eating. So, even though I gave in and had some fried food - I only had it twice and realistically without the little deal I made for myself I would have probably given in and eaten something fried every day. Twice in one week = progress. Not quite what I had hoped for but not so terrible either, right?

So, GOOD NEWS so far. Today = NO FRIED FOOD. I am going to keep this little deal going and see what happens. You never know, right? Maybe I will wittle away at this urge.

One day at a time...

1 comments:

Christy said...

Oh my gosh!!! We still have things in common after like 20 years! I am addicted to french fries too..and I'm not even preggo.

Frosty 'n fries... yum...I do it too.
Do you guys have "disco fries" down there? I swear Elizabeth, NJ is famous for it! FRIES, GRAVY & CHEESE. YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

But of course, I dont eat fries. Well, only once in a blue,or else I'd be 500lbs! Bad enough I'm trying to lose 20.

HAPPY EATING!