Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Summer Movies and "Transformers"

The part of me that mourned the fact that with the start of summer came a lack of interesting TV due to all of my favorite shows going on hiatus is gone. Dead and buried! I am a new person. I am now totally appreciating the fact that along with the longer days and shorter nights comes the free time to take in movie after movie DURING the work week with my hubby. A couple of weeks ago we got to go see Live Free or Die Hard, which was bloody fantastic and worthy of all you Die Hard McClane fans out there.

Last night....... *drum roll* .......we went to see Transformers. I have been waiting for this movie very impatiently since I stumbled across an online teaser about 6 months ago. I am a huge kid at heart and have fond memories of playing Transformers with my sister and the kid across the street, Bernie, who had a bunch to spare. He even gave me one! A little light blue bug that I eventually paired up with one of my Barbie dolls in Holy Matrimony. I wonder what ever happened to that little blue bug....

Okay, nostalgia aside - THE MOVIE.



I was not disappointed and, more importantly, my husband who remembers the cartoon with fondness and was, in his words, waiting to see "how badly they screwed the movie up" enjoyed it, too! The computer animation was so well done that I could barely tell it was there. The transforming of the Transformers was awesome. The fight scenes. The cast. I was happy with it all. If I have one gripe, it was that I felt the ending was rushed. A lot of build up and then - okay, its all done. That could have been just me and my urge to see more but I don't think so. However, like I said, that is a just one gripe. The movie was vastly entertaining and funny and action packed - and I do plan on owning it on DVD when it comes out.

So, all of you other 80s kids - GO OUT and SEE! I promise you will not be disappointed.

3 comments:

Butterfly Wishes LLC said...

I agree with you, I loved it! I am so glad Spiderman started the comic book thread :) That's a def. DVD buy :)

Alie said...

WORD. Come on, you KNOW how much I loved that movie!!

Christy said...

I loved the movie too. I was not going to see it but nothing else was playing at the same time (that my man wanted to see Transformers)so I just went with him. I was happy I did.