Thursday, August 9, 2007

I don't wanna work....

....I just wanna bang on my drum all day.

CAN WE SAY SWAMPED AND GOING CRAZY?!

The writing on the wall tells it all! The last 8 weeks of my pregnancy are not going to be relaxing here at work. As usually, it is feast or famine around here.

#1 - My boss is freaking out because we are getting inundated with work - and she keeps picturing her life without me around to help her. While its nice to be needed and appreciated, I really do have bigger things to worry about - like the human I am growing and about to give birth to and all of the new challenges she will bring.

#2 - Our new *big* boss keeps adding to our clientele list - as if we were not busy to begin with. So, we get more and more Agreements each day and not to mention emails and signals that more are coming.

#3 - We are about to start interviewing for the temp who will help my boss while I am out. Ideally, they will start about 2 weeks before I leave in October and stay until 2 weeks after I return in January.

Meanwhile, I want to stay home - pull the covers over my head and not come out until the baby is born. Can I do that please?

THANK GOODNESS THE WEEKEND IS ALMOST HERE!!!!!!

And only 8 more weekends to go until I am home for 12 weeks straight caring for a newborn. Hmm. Let me weigh all of this. When the time finally comes, will I be happy to be home or screaming to come back? Just one more item to add to my "only time will tell" list...

1 comments:

Christy said...

I don't wanna work either! ;( And I'm not even preggers. I hate work!