Friday, September 21, 2007

Last day of work for 3.5 months!!!

HOLY COW!

As someone who started working fulltime when she was 18 years old and has since not taken any time off - the idea of more than 12 weeks of not having to get up, get dressed, and go into an office is so surreal. I am looking forward to it, though! I know I will not be bored - I will have a newborn that is going to be keeping me very busy and I feel so blessed that I have the opportunity to spend some time at home with her before coming back to work. But still - will I get spoiled and wish that I did not have to come back? Or will I be foaming at the mouth for a challenging office job and welcome coming back to work and being around adults all day? Only time will tell how I will feel at the end of my leave.

For now - my desk is clean, the temp is trained, my boss is aware of all odds and ends... Sayonara to all coworkers for 12 weeks, people! Okay, not all 12 weeks - I do plan on bringing the baby by and showing her off but as far as work goes...you know what I mean. I have an ear to ear grin about it, too!

Its time for me to GO!

1 comments:

Christy said...

Is that what I need to do to get some time off from work? Jeez.. I've been working all my life too. I hate it. Can you believe I haven't taken any time off this year?! Whoa.