Friday, October 26, 2007

Are you Tigger or Eeyore??

This is a great question and it is totally YOUR choice. I saw this guy and the full lecture on Oprah. I was more impressed with this man and his resolve than any one in recent memory. His positive thinking blew me away. Why??? Because he is DYING from Pancreatic Cancer. One of the things he talked about was that you can choose to be a Tigger or an Eeyore in life. That was pretty self explanatory. But he said something else in addition to that which was that its amazing how much quicker people are to step up and want to be involved and help you in your time of need if you are a Tigger about it rather than an Eeyore. That if you are negative people will still help - but they will walk slowly to do so. If you are a Tigger - people will surprise you by how quickly and how generous they will be in their resolve to be there for you.

And I AGREE! I know people who are negative and do nothing but complain. Who expect bad things to happen - and when they do they get even more negative and complain even more! Then I know people who think positive - even in the face of situations and hurdles tougher and more all consuming than those who are negative are dealing with AND THEY STAY POSITIVE! This has always amazed me. And this man really put it all into perspective and laid it out there. And he says it a lot better than me....so be sure and watch when you get a chance. I promise, you will not regret it.

This is the WHOLE lecture.... almost 10 minutes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HqdnjgkExY

This is the condensed version he gave on Oprah...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0aO64aKqek

3 comments:

Christy said...

I saw on him on Good Day NY or some morning show like that...and he's great.

Good stuff.

Some things should be requirements in life..like watching this instead of taking some lame required chemistry class.

-M said...

What if your a combo of Piglet and Poo....practical, yet constantly obsessed with sweet stuff?

NONblondQT said...

Tigger definitely ROCKS!! ;)
I know too many of those Eeyore complainers too...sad.