Thursday, February 7, 2008

Recommend a good read!

I am turning the tables on you readers and kinda forcing you to take part in my blog for once.

I am a big reader. I love books and always have. But now with a baby girl to care for and being back at work I definitely do not have as much time to read as I used to so I am starting to get a little choosier with what I pick up to read.

And this is where you come in. Please recommend a good book. A book (or series) you think is worthy of a busy mommy's time.

Thanks in advance!

3 comments:

-M said...

Ooh, I LOVE recommending books.

Romance: The Season series by Lisa Kleypas

Nonfiction (ish): The Innocent by John Grisham or Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson

Best follow up from an Author that hit it big with her/his first book: Lost and Found by Carolyn Parkhurst (follow up to Dogs of Babel) - much better than follow up novels by Mark Haddon (who did the brilliant Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time), Alice Sebold (whose follow up Almost Moon is nothing compared to Lovely Bones), or Audren Niffeneger (whose Time Traveller's Wife has been followed up by book pictures instead of novels.

Jackie said...

My fav author is Sophia Kinsella... she writes Chick-Lit. She's written a series called Shopaholic, which I LOVE! She also has another one coming out this month: Remember me?

Jen said...

DH's aunt got me hooked on a historical romance series: Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. The books are long but good. They're not your typical romances either, there's a time travel aspect to them.

I'm currently reading In Her Shoes by Jennifer Weiner and I like it so far.

jengen