Monday, January 7, 2008

Sophie's first un-well Dr visit....

Sophie has been battling her very first cold for the last week and a half and is currently at the tail end of it. In fact, the three of us have been sick. What a wake up call - to be sick and have to care for your sick child is no joke. I'm just glad that the first time happened before we started daycare so that I was still home to care for her and get my "sea legs" so to speak. But anyway, that is another blog for another time.

Back to the topic of this blog, to be on the safe side, I took her in to her doctor today so that I can make sure that the cold is not in her lungs or bothering her ears. Luckily, she has not had a fever so I did not have to take her in before this. Sophia is all good and other than the sniffles/congestion got a clean bill of health. No fever. Lungs are clear. No ear infection. So, just keep doing what I am doing and the cold should be fully gone in a few days.

My little baby is long and lean! In the last month she only gained 1/4 a pound but grew a whole inch. LOL. So, she is 12.5lbs and 23.5 inches long.

The dr pissed me off again with two comments. *sigh*

"Oh, she starts daycare next week? Oh no. You will be in here every day."
Uh. Thanks.

"But you are still breast feeding right? No? Oh. Hm. You stop - and now she's sick."
Ummm. Bitch. I know plenty of breastfed babies who are sick all the time.

Why is she my doctor? Because my Sister-in-Law goes to her. Am I looking into changing? Hell yes. Especially when she says things like this.

1 comments:

-M said...

Don't let Doc get you down! You're a super mommy!